1. The World’s Largest Ball of Twine – Cawker City, Kansas: If you’re looking for a roadside attraction like no other, you have to check out the World’s Largest Ball of Twine in Cawker City, Kansas. This massive ball of twine stands at over nine feet tall and weighs in at over 17,000 pounds. It was started by local resident Francis A. Johnson in 1953 and has been continually added to by visitors ever since. Now a popular tourist destination, this incredible roadside attraction is the largest of its kind in the world.
2. Cadillac Ranch – Amarillo, Texas: If you’re looking for some unique roadside art, you have to check out the iconic Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, Texas. This sculpture consists of 10 vintage Cadillacs buried nose-first in the ground in a row. It was created by artists Chip Lord, Hudson Marquez, and Doug Michels in 1974 and has become a popular roadside attraction and photo op.
3. Wall Drug – Wall, South Dakota: Wall Drug Store in Wall, South Dakota is one of America’s most iconic roadside attractions. This store was founded in 1931 and has since become a must-see for visitors passing through South Dakota. One of its most popular features is the life-sized dinosaur sculptures located in its parking lot. Wall Drug also offers great shopping, food, and drinks, making it a great place to stop and take a break while on the road.
4. The World’s Largest Pistachio – Alamogordo, New Mexico: The World’s Largest Pistachio is located in Alamogordo, New Mexico and is a must-see for anyone passing through the area. This impressive structure stands over 38 feet tall and is a replica of a real pistachio nut. It was created in 2012 and is a popular photo op for visitors.
5. The Shoe Tree – Middlegate, Nevada: Last but certainly not least, the Shoe Tree in Middlegate, Nevada is a unique roadside attraction you have to check out. This tree has been covered with shoes from visitors for decades and has become a popular destination for those passing through the area. It is a unique sight to behold and a great place to take a break and enjoy the scenery.
No matter where you’re traveling, you can find unique roadside attractions that are sure to create lasting memories. From the World’s Largest Ball of Twine to the Shoe Tree, there are plenty of unforgettable roadside attractions that you won’t want to miss. So, the next time you’re on the road, be sure to stop and check out these amazing sites.