When it comes to road trips, there are few experiences that can rival the thrill and excitement of hitting the road for an adventure. From coast-to-coast treks across the United States to a jaunt around the corner, a road trip can be an incredible experience. With so many places to explore, it can be hard to narrow down the best road trip destinations to visit. To help you out, here are some of the best road trips to take, complete with all the latest information to get you started.
1. Florida Keys: For those looking for a road trip that offers plenty of sunshine and beach vibes, the Florida Keys are the perfect destination. This 115-mile stretch of islands is home to a number of tropical getaways, from Key Largo to Key West. Along the way, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to soak up the sun, explore the Keys’ unique wildlife and take part in some of the best fishing, snorkeling and diving in the world.
2. Pacific Coast Highway: Stretching from California to Washington, the Pacific Coast Highway offers a stunning view of the Pacific Ocean, majestic redwood forests, and some of the best surf spots in the world. This scenic drive will take you past iconic locations such as Big Sur and Bodega Bay, and through towns like Carmel and Monterey, where you can take part in a variety of activities.
3. Route 66: No list of the best road trips would be complete without mentioning Route 66. This legendary highway runs from Chicago, Illinois to Santa Monica, California and passes through eight states, offering a glimpse into America’s past. Get a taste of classic Americana as you drive through small towns, visit classic roadside attractions, and explore the unique history of the places you pass along the way.
4. Great Smoky Mountains National Park: For a road trip that offers a mix of nature and culture, a visit to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a must. This stunning park spans five states and is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in the country. Take a trip through the park to explore its forests, waterfalls, and historic sites, and get a taste of the rich culture of the area.
5. Blue Ridge Parkway: The Blue Ridge Parkway is one of the most popular road trips in the United States. This 469-mile drive passes through Virginia and North Carolina, offering breathtaking views of the Appalachian Mountains and a chance to explore the unique culture of the region. Along the way, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to stop and take in the sights and sounds of the area, from visiting historic sites to taking part in outdoor activities.
No matter what type of road trip you’re looking for, there are plenty of great destinations to explore. From coast-to-coast treks to nature-filled getaways, these five road trips are a great way to experience the best of what the United States has to offer. So pack up your car, hit the road, and start exploring the best destinations for your next road trip.