There’s nothing quite like a good old-fashioned road trip to get your creative juices flowing. Whether it’s a weekend getaway or a cross-country odyssey, there’s something special about the freedom of being on the open road. And while the sights, sounds, and experiences of the journey are usually the main attraction, the food you enjoy along the way can often be just as memorable. With that in mind, here are the top 5 road trip eats to try on your next journey.
1. Diner Burgers – Nothing screams “road trip” quite like a classic diner burger. Whether it’s a greasy spoon dive or a more upscale establishment, a juicy burger with all the fixings is the perfect way to get your road trip off to a delicious start.
2. Barbecue – Barbecue is a favorite all over the country, and many towns and cities have their own unique recipes and styles. From Texas-style brisket to North Carolina pulled pork, you’re sure to find something delicious no matter where your road trip takes you.
3. Tacos – Nothing says “road trip” like tacos. From street tacos to gourmet creations, you can find tacos in almost every corner of the country. Be sure to sample the local fare and try something new.
4. Fried Chicken – Fried chicken is a classic road trip food, and there’s nothing quite like crispy, juicy fried chicken to satisfy your hunger on a long drive. Whether you’re grabbing a bucket from a drive-thru or sitting down for a meal, fried chicken is a great option for a road trip.
5. Ice Cream – What’s a road trip without a stop for ice cream? Whether it’s a classic scoop from a local parlor or a soft-serve treat from a roadside stand, nothing beats a delicious ice cream cone when you’re on the road.
No matter where your road trip takes you, there’s sure to be something delicious waiting. Be sure to try some local favorites and sample new treats to make your journey even more memorable. Bon voyage!